Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kitchen Tour

I have been looking around trying to make up my mind on kitchen ideas. We had to put off the renovation for a few months because we are in the construction industry. Things have hit hard the last year. I hope things get better soon. Anyway it has given me time to really weigh my choices. My SIL is great at painting furniture. And I think I will have him refinish my cabinets. They are only 11 years old and in great shape. I also think I will have cement counter tops. I have seen some that look very rustic. soooo cute. Anyway my SIL friend has refinished his cabinets and here are the pictures of his kitchen. These are wood floors that he glazed black. There are several colors underneath and he distressed so the colors would show through.




I love the cream glaeze he used.


A close-up at the distress work.






















Anyway let me know what you think. I dont think I would like this much distress but the idea is there of what I want. Anyway hope you enjoyed the tour. Love J





3 comments:

cindy said...

Hi, the distressing on those cabinets are great! The floor was cool too. So have you made any "concrete" decisions on the kitchen yet? ~cindy~

Rue said...

Hi J :)

Beautiful kitchen!! I think cement counters would be wonderful :)

hugs and love,
rue

Jan said...

Hello again J! I think painting the cupboards would be great..a little distressing added? What color? I wish I would have replaced ours when we got the granite and now it's too late. Now it would have be new uppers and reface the lower. Ours have some damage so I wonder if paint would even work. Can't wait to see it, and yes, let's all hope this economy recovers sooner than later. Hugs, Jan