Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Swiss Days and park city.

On Friday my daughter and I went to a annual swiss day festival. There are hundred of boothes with the most beautiful handcrafted items you will ever see. These items are made from a women who lives in washington state and she designs her own patterns. Here are the things I bought.





I cant wait to put these things in my new family room. I wanted to take pictures of the festival, But they have strict rules of photos. (copy rights.) So I could not get pictures of any of the boothes, but trust me, I could have bought everything. But mike would have killed me, with all the money I have spent on the family room. OH WELL!!


The festival is held in Midway Utah. It is located right above Park City Utah. So on our way my Daughter took pictures of Park City. this is pictures of huge homes right on the ski resorts. (click on the photos and you can get a better view of them.)




This is the entrance of the olympic park where alot of the parties were held and press conferences were, and also the today show filmed it's morning show.







This picture is a distance picture of Park City.






This also is Park City.








This is a picture of a ski run in the summer. See the olympic symbols on the runs. I hope you all enjoyed the trip, We had a blast. Love J





9 comments:

Gayle said...

I think the booth where you bought your stuff was my favorite booth too! Lots of fun on Saturday!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

You got some good stuff!! Wish I was there!

Jessica said...

Your pictures are beautiful and what fun little treasures you bought. I can't believe your Mother found that wicker set for $15 what a deal!
Take care, J. :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for visiting always great to have a visit from you!
I just love what you bought, I know I would have bought the same "stuff" as you:)
Have a wonderful day!
Rondell

cindy said...

Love the window with the wreath! Sounds like you had a good time. Cant wait to see the new room! I wish I lived around the corner so I could come and help decorate...that would be fun! ~Cindy~

cindy said...

Hi, to answer your question about the color of the cabinets. It is a white lacquer and then van dyke glaze over that, then a clear lacquer over the top. Hope that helps.

Jan said...

Hi Joj, Utah is beautiful. Hubby and I were in Park City 11 yrs ago for the Fourth of July with friends, and we rented a neat condo right outside of the downtown area. We enjoyed the people, parades, restaraunts and shopping! Looks like you had a great time, and found some treasures. waiting to see that room :) J

cindy said...

Hi, yes, stained the cabinets ourselves. Had a cabinet maker make them and we stained and sanded them. Every inch of wood in that house was stained by Rick. He is very patient.~c~

Rue said...

Hi J :)

You made out like bandits! Such cuteness :)

Utah is beautiful, but landing in the airport.... not so much! We almost flew into the side of one of those beautiful mountains. It wasn't pretty LOL

Hugs and love,
rue