Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My new creation and my top ten fall list.

This is my new creation. Mike brought home an old window frame for me It was so primitive I had to use it. So I kept it in a shed for two years. One day I got an idea for it. I cleaned it up, but left the original paint on it. Had my son inlaw varnish it so the cracking paint would not fall off. Then he stapled black screen to the back of it. I had a star hanging in my family room that I did not hang back up. so I placed it in the middle of the window frame. I hung it above my bed. I think it looks really cute and it is unique. Here is a close-up of it
Everyone has been posting about fall and the things they love about it. So here is my list.

1-I love how the sunlight changes in the fall
2-I love to see the wind blow fallen leaves across the road when I'm driving.
3-pumpkin patches.
4-halloween decorations.
5-fall traditions and activities with my family.
6-wearing cute sweaters.
7-carmel apples.
8-a rainy afternoon.
9-bringing out the quilts for the bed.
10-call me crazy, but I love fallen leaves on my lawn. I put off raking them.
Well there it is. hope everyone is well. Love J

6 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hey there!

I am fine - thanks for asking. Seems now that the weather is better there is much to do outside! And I was busing with family fun and getting ready for the CS interview for the article to go with the photo shoot. I was just sitting here working a post for tomorrow.

LOVE the window with the star. That makes a great focal point over the bed. I love the layering of linens and the different patters too. Looks great! I always love a post that has pics of your home.

Thanks again for stopping by and asking about me!

Laura said...

I really like what you did with the window and the star! It fits perfectly above the bed!

Laura :)

Jan said...

J..Love what you did with the star..it looks perfect over your bed. Now you'll have to add that picture to RMS on your bedroom. I was beginning to wonder if you were ill! I have more things to post, but like others lately, I too, have been feeling a bit yechy, maybe it's its the change of seasons and allergies. Just don't have the energy to post a blog, but may work on an idea one of these days. I love fall..it was my favorite season in the midwest and I will miss seeing my little grandaughter playing in the leaves! Cooler weather cannot come fast enough for us in AZ. Tired of the heat. Thanks for the new peek of your bedroom. J2 (lol)

Rue said...

The star looks really cute!

I love all those things about Fall too ;)

hugs and love,
rue

lms said...

oh my my my....i love this....i really do...wonderful wonderful...you have done a great job here....very unique indeed....thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

LOVE that star - what a great idea and it looks really cute.

Hey email me you won my giveaway and I would love to get the package out to you.

Hugs - karen