Tuesday, August 12, 2008

dream homes

I'm a sucker for beautiful country homes, with wrap around porches, hanging baskets and wonderful colors. One of my favorite things to do is drive around and find beautiful homes. This on is my favorite so far. The exterior is to die for. look at that chimney and all the detail around the windows. It is for sale but is in a mountain valley. About 20 miles from civilization. A true country home. I need a little city with my country. Look at the cute side view. They really paid attention to detail.
This home is a reproduction. It is new but looks old. It sits high on the benches of the mountains. This picutre truly does not do it justice. And the landscape is so geourgeous. In the back of the house is a playhouse that is a exact replica of this house. I didn't get a picture beacause the home owners were out and i'm sure they thought I was spying on then.





You cant see it from the picture but the porch is decorated so cute. look at the manicured lawn. and the weather vane.



well this home is mine. I love my porch. We almost sold last summer, but we ended up staying when things didn't work out with the new home. I glad they didn't because I have really learned to love this home. I want to post beautiful country homes as I find them so stay tuned for my findings. love J



6 comments:

cindy said...

Loved the pictures Jillian!...wide open spaces with the mountains in the background...cool! I wonder what the homeowners thought you were up to...hope you dont get arrested!

Rue said...

Hi J :)

Great pictures of some beautiful homes! Your house is darling :)

I really envy your front porch. We made the best of our teeny one, but I so want a big porch that I can sit on.

hugs,
rue

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OHG MY GOODNESS! That first one took my breath away! That would be my dream home and it would cost close to a million in my town! And yours is soooo pretty - love your paint colors!! You have great taste -take me on a tour any time!

Laura said...

I love that first house with the wrap around porch! Your new background is really cute! I would love to have a big front porch we have a 'stoop'

Laura :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Jillian, Thanks for sharing those great pics...felt like I was taking a Sunday drive with you. That's one of my fav things to do...drive around and gawk at the gorgeous homes...especially historic ones! :-) Wanted to say thanks for those sweet comments you left about my little green hutch at Gollum's the other day! Now that I've found your blog, I'll bookmark it for future visits. :-) Susan

Jessica said...

Hi J. :)

I too love old country homes. Your home is amazing. I drove by a home last night that was 'southern' beautiful. Now that I am blogging I guess I need my camera with me at all times. :) I'm going to have to go get a picture of that house. I know you would love it.
Have a great day, J. :)