Monday, August 25, 2008

BYE,BYE UGLY ROOM.

I have had many comments on my family room. People seem to hate it, RMS has such a strong reaction to it. So I have been wanting to redo the fireplace anyway so last week when I was sick mike took off work and started ripping apart the room. The fireplace mantle and tiles are gone. The door casings and chair rail and baseboards are gone.



There goes the mantle. bye, bye. I wont miss it.


This room is such a odd space and I have to cram alot of furniture in there to fit my family. So I'm switching it up. So far the fireplace is done and there is some cool new editions, But that will be a suprise when it is done. All I have to say is I LOVE IT. Love J


10 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Well that was a nice tease! Now we have something to look forward to - and so do YOU! LOL

Twice as Nice said...

I use to go to RMS all the time. I think some times they are a little jealous and you really can't take what they say to heart. I know my twin put here dining room and living room on there and she was really nervous about what others would say. Will be looking forward to the new look :o)

cindy said...

OOOhhhh! can't wait...! Is it done yet! show us! show us!....now, I'm going to have to come back here every five minutes to see if you posted the new pics....~Cindy~

Laura said...

I am so excited to see the finished product! I loved your room the way it was and I am sure it will be just beautiful! Have fun redecorating!

Laura :)

Rue said...

Oh my J! I can't believe it!! Why did you take off the chair rail?

I can't wit to see what you do in there!

hugs and love,
rue

Cathy said...

Hi...thanks for stoping over my place, come over anytime! I know you can't wait for the "finished" room. It looks great so far!

Cathy

cindy said...

Okay, the suspense is killing me! ARe you going to paint? What did you do with the armoir? I bet you are busy 'tweaking' things right now!

Jan said...

Hello J! Come on...when will you be done and show us?? It was never ugly,it was cozy and cute and it was YOU. But every now and then when something irks you, you just have to tear it apart and put it back together. Can't wait to see it. I still can't figure out who Gollum is on RMS. Do you have my gmail? Give me a hint??

Jan said...

below is my email...;)

jojillia said...

Hi Jan, It's so good to hear from you. Your Email did not show up so I will tell you who gollum is. It is fatirene remember her beautiful home. Yep crazy huh. send your email again so I can talk to you. I dont know where to leave messages anymore. Love J