Monday, July 21, 2008

GUM VS TUMS

This is a story about my father inlaw. My Mother inlaw and I have often talked about the fact that we think my father inlaw has adhd. Not just a little, but alot. his attention is that of a fruit fly. Now that you have that background here is the story. One evening my husband and I went to dinner with Jim and Lola. (the mother and father inlaw). After we had eaten Jim asked Lola if she was ready for her gum. He then handed her a stick. My husband asked what the deal was with the gum. Jim tells us he had seen a commerical saying that if you chewed a piece of gum after eating It would reduce acid in the stomache. Lola has acid reflux and is always searching for new remedies that could help. So the gum is the cure. I asked him if it was helping, His answer was YES. Well who am I to question, if it works it works. A few days later I half heard what I thought was this gum commerical that Jim was talking about. A couple of more days and the commerical appeared again. You will never guess what the commerical said, remembering the adhd issue. It said that chewing gum after meals reduced acid in the mouth, therefore helping gingivitis. OMG. I laughed my ass off. called my husband and to this day 5 years later it still gets brought up. But my husband lovingly explained that tums were a better solution, and the gum was for mouth acid. But to save face Jim still claims that it helped, but no more gum rations did we ever see again.

1 comment:

Picket said...

Oh my word that is hilarious! lol We get our funniest stories from family! lol lol I loved your pics of your daughter's wedding...what a beautiful bride..I know you are so proud of her and happy for her. I want to thank you for coming by and for that sweet comment..I really apreciate it...Hope all is well with you and yours and that you have a fantastic week.