Monday, July 14, 2008

I NEED A BREAK!!!!!

I need a break, It is monday and I'm doing laundry. So I made up my mind I would go through old magazines.I hate to do this, but when you have 5 years worth and nowhere to put them, It's time. I love better homes and gardens, and country home. And it seems like every time I do this I end up looking for a picture or article in one I have gave away. It's one of those days where you run in circles from the time you get up till you lay back in bed at night. So besides doing laundry and magazine seperation I have to cook dinner and dig up a flower bed. But I wont grumble to much, because at least I have a washer and dryer, extra clothes to wash, food to cook, flower bed to dig up, and my favorite magazines to read. (It really is a treat to have a excuse to sit down and read. lol) I love the plaid binder on country home.



These two pages are the inspiration for my master bath. (btw it turned out nothing like these pictures.)


Halloween candy bowl. love it.



People really do this? WOW




What I'm am parting with. snif, snif





Look at all of this.







Yes this is only 2 days of laundry, I have 4 children. 3 of them are girls. (Don't ya feel sorry for me.)





8 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Thanks so much for the invite.. I also want to thank you for swinging by the guest room.. I hope you enjoyed your visit.. I sure enjoyed having you... Your blog is darling... hugs ~ lynne~

Jan said...

Oh Joj...you are too funny! I will bet you a day at the spa that I have twice the decorating magazines saved up than you do..it is a freaking obsession of mine! Mine are Arch Digest, Elle Decor, Better Homes and Gardens, and Southwest Living, so there you go! It drives old hubby nuts, but then let's not talk about his golf addiction... ;) I am trying to wean myself from the blogs and new rooms at RMS (along with my usual favorites) as I am planning that escape from the heat. It is not working, and I fear I am going to have to go buy a laptop to keep up with everything while I am gone. (half the price of a set of new clubs for the other half!)Shows you that country can meet modern and get along just fine, doesn't it friend? By the way..if you had just ruined a few of your honey's things early on, you could have had him doing all the wash like I do. LOL!!!

jojillia said...

oh jan, how about you send that old husband over to rid me of my laundry. please where are you going to escape the heat?

jojillia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH MY!! You make me extra happy to be an empty nester when I see those piles of laundry!
I have YEARS and YEARS worth of magazines too. I rip out the articles I can't part with so now I have thick files! I can't see saving the ads! LOL

Thanks for your sweet comments! I am sooooo excited! hugs, Linda

Rue said...

I can't get rid of my magazines either.

I DO feel sorry for you, because I have that much laundry for only 2 kids and one husband LOL

rue

cindy said...

I have bags and bags of mags!...Country living, Cottage living, BHG, Midwest living....Log home living...I sift through them about once a month....they are so worn the front pages are falling off!...cant seem to part with some of them...So you like my swan?!..are you ready for this...I got it for FREE! it is a Ducks unlimted edition too!...I was in line to drop off clothes at good will and they were using the swan to mark the lanes on the drive-thru!..I said can I have that? and they didnt seem to care!...it has a little crack right down the middle of its back..(that rhymed), but I think it just makes it look all that more rustic!..(anyhow, you cant see it from the angle that its at). Thanks for always saying something nice about my spaces...! Makes me feel good! Cindy

Laura said...

Don't you just hate laundry! Everytime I think I am caught up a new load just appears! Thanks so much for stopping by, we have been really busy these past couple days and I have been slow at getting back to people. I also collect BHG and even though I don't like her, I love her recipes and that would be Rachel Ray, I have a whole bunch in my kitchen that I keep going back too! I am going to add you to my blogroll, hope you don't mind!

Laura :)