Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My perfect day.


With it being summer I can't stand sitting still. I need projects. So I thought If I could have a day to do whatever I wanted and no one had a dance class or needed a ride ,What would I do? Well I would start with a early start. I love the sun in the morning, Listening to the sprinklers going and the cooler air. I would take my husband (mike) because he is s shopper like me. Breakfast first at my favorite breakfast place jeremiahs. It is decorated in lodge style. wooden beams, stained glass, craftsman style trim. not to mention the food. Then we would hit all my favorite boutiques. The rock loft first. It is a old rock quarry turned into a wonderful gift shop/bakery/clothing store. Then off to gardners village. Now this is a total utah thing. It is old pologamy homesites and flour mill that belonged to a pioneer family. It is the cutest place. a stream and bridge, they turned these 150 year old homes into boutiques. christmas stores, clothing stores home decor, furniture. That is where you would find me, checking out all the distressed hand painted furnishings. Then stop at the restraunt there for fried green tomatoes and a big glass of iced tea. Then my husband would say what project on the house would you like me to work on. I would tell him and then a trip to home depot for supplies. when we get home he gets to work. while I become his grunt and assistant. Everything in our home we have done together, I think we are a great team. A little door's music and we are good to go. then we would have baked penne for dinner out on the patio, and watch the sun set on the front porch. Ok somebody wake me up.

4 comments:

cindy said...

Hi, well that does sound like a perfect day!...I think you like all the same things I like..(except for the fried green tomatoes)....sooo, do you have any pictures of the floral arrangements in the suitcases?..have a Perfect Day! Cindy

Jan said...

sounds like a perfectly wonderful day to me! Would you copy that project chip in your dear husband and send it on to me? Maybe I could sneak it my husbands treats or his golf cart!! I must navigate all my projects on my own, with or without his blessings~~ LOL. I wish I could load this picture to your site, it is so funny about men and women. Maybe I will load it onto my spot later on. I have a busy day today, so I can't be lingering on my favorite spaces. :)Enjoy this fine day. Enjoyed the sunrise pic!

cindy said...

Yes, I have tried the fried green tomatoes....at a little fair,from one of this wagons....I didnt care for them...but maybe I should give it another try..??!....I just posted a picture of the ceiling on the office on my blog...it is textured wallpaper, then stained and rubbed off...let me know what you think...? (didnt want to pay for tin...even though I think that would have been cool).

Rue said...

Wow! I would love to spend the day with you two :)

Perfect!

rue