Friday, July 11, 2008

victorian restoration

renovations create lots of garbage.
I thought the trim on these windows would show up better then this but it is beautiful trim work.





original wallpaper.



very narrow hallway.




original claw foot tub. look at the feet.



original fireplace.







hallway off the entry look at the original wallpaper. geourgeous






standard victorioan stairway.







victorioan railings look how the colors match the wallpaper. design 80 years ago.









front porch,











front view, look at the original victorioan colors.











side view











My job is to rehab low income housing. I choose paint, carpet, cabinets,fixtures etc. The best quality budget allows so these things last a long time, So the families don't have to replace as often. It is not a glam job, and I don't often get to see the families that live there but it can be fun. But the city decieded to bring some of the more historic homes back to life. And this is such a treat for me to see. Things are just getting started so I took some pictures so everyone can see this beautiful victorian. I live in ogden utah, 25 miles from promatory point. This is where east and west met and the union pacific railroad was born. So that means we had a major train station in our city, which meant that there was alot of people with money that lived here. So we have a ton of mansions that are incredible, they have alot of inported building materials, like elephant hide wallpaper, because of the railroad things were easily shipped in. o I'm sharing my love for these old homes.

4 comments:

Rue said...

How wonderful that they are doing that and that you are a part of it!! That home is beautiful :)

rue

Jan said...

wow ..I didn't know that was your job! I think that is great. There is nothing better than to see your ideas and hard work come together. How I would love to be involved with something so worthwhile! Thanks for the sharing of it.

Buffie said...

Gotta love a Victorian home, they're so beautiful! How fun to get to work on one!

cindy said...

How interesting!! I think that would be rewarding and fun....how did you ever get into doing that?....(I know its not easy picking out stuff and getting the best deals) Its alot of work....I'm sure.